The sick list

NS March 1st, 2011

Noble Girl woke up complaining of a tummy ache, as she had before bed last night, and had a slight temperature and no appetite so I decided to keep her home from school today. At one point she looked over at me from her place on the sofa with blankets and pillows and said, “Mummy? Can you make a list for me?”

Sure sweetie, what’s the list for?

“Things I need when I’m sick.”

So, according to a nearly-5-year-old girl, Things Children Need When They Are Sick:

• Drink water
  • Stay warm
  • Rest
  • Mummy looking after me
  • Pillows
  • Medicine
  • Hugs
  • No Wrestling (looking at you, Noble Boy)
  • Kisses
  • Movies with family
  • Quiet time
  • Pyjamas all day
  • Big Wowie (favourite soft toy) to cuddle
  • Crackers to nibble, maybe
  • A bell for when I need things

11 Responses to “The sick list”

1. Mette says:

awww, that’s so sweet. especially that last (slightly demanding) bit with the bell.

your post made me fondly remember back when I was kid and got to stay home because I was sick. I was allowed to lie on the sofa in my pyjamas the entire day and watch TV, and my mum would wait on me hand and foot and buy me loads of comics….. aaaah, those were the days :-)
    Mette´s last blog ..Dressing the bump – black and blue dotsMy ComLuv Profile

2. Capital Mom says:

I could do with following that list!
    Capital Mom´s last blog ..On the wallMy ComLuv Profile

3. Gary says:

i agree with every one of those!

4. Blue Sky says:

Can grown-ups have all that too when they feel sick…please?
    Blue Sky´s last blog ..Still round the corner there may waitMy ComLuv Profile

5. She’s a wise little one, your daughter. Hope she feels better soon.
    Tanya (Bump2Basics)´s last blog ..Misplaced fantasy…My ComLuv Profile

6. Lyn says:

Very sweet. Hugs and kisses from Nana and Boppy. And oh the lists – humble beginnings for future writings? She is her mother’s child! Hope she is feeling better.

so sweet. i hope she’s feeling better! and including the bell in the list? genius.
    andrea´s last blog ..thats not my name!My ComLuv Profile

8. Kelly says:

Oh that is really sweet. Hope all of those things have made her feel better.
    Kelly´s last blog ..The Gallery- Simple PleasuresMy ComLuv Profile

9. Courtney says:

that’s a great list – I couldn’t agree with her more. Especially the bit about the bell.

10. :) Aww thanks for making my day.. although i thin it could be re-named a sick list for anybody as I do feel all are applicable in any circumstance!