The Gallery: Self portrait

NS May 19th, 2010

A bit shy

Getting braver

Chillin' cotside

Eye contact? Perhaps not

There goes my anonymity

This is my contribution to Tara’s Gallery. Thank you, Tara, for finally giving me a reason to experiment with my tripod and timer function. Now head over to Tara’s and check out the other entries, they’re all amazing!

51 Responses to “The Gallery: Self portrait”

1. Chris says:

Well hello lovely lady! That last shot is gorgeous, you look very friendly, I like you!
    Chris´s last blog ..The Gallery-Self Portrait (aghhhh!) My ComLuv Profile

@Chris, Wow, thanks! I’m glad I look friendly. I really am nicer in real life than my posts might lead one to believe.

2. Josie says:

Hello pretty lady! Very, very lovely to ‘see’ you!

x
    Josie´s last blog ..Bringing Sexy Back My ComLuv Profile

@Josie, Yeah yeah, now where’s yours? We want Josie, we want Josie! ;)

3. jfb57 says:

Wow! Great shots of a great lady!

@jfb57, Cheers!

4. Tara says:

Glad you did them as a series. Great stuff.
    I’m assuming you used your children’s garden tunnel just for photographic purposes . . .
    Tara´s last blog ..Can you spell M O R T I F I E D? My ComLuv Profile

@Tara, Obviously. Never crawled through it until just then. I’m sure my neighbours thought I was absolutely mad (again) while I crawled through before the timer went.

5. Deer Baby says:

You are one photogenic lady. And lovely to see you.
    Deer Baby´s last blog ..Things to make you go zzzzzzzzzz My ComLuv Profile

@Deer Baby, Thanks!

6. Lovely to meet you!

@If I Could Escape, You too! I really, really love your avatar/blog banner. That’s so me, kid on leg and wine and computer nearby. We must be kindred spirits.

7. Sandrine says:

Ooh, you look lovely, and not at all as I would have imagined you from your posts! (Don’t know why, but I imagine it involves some prejudice or other!)
    Sandrine´s last blog ..Self Portrait – by Sister 3 My ComLuv Profile

@Sandrine, Ha! Were you expecting an angry face and hairy armpits? :D

Sandrine Reply:

@NS, Almost certainly! But what I find strange is that I’ve got the same colouring as you plus a soft smiley face and am a not-so-soft spoken feminist! So where does that prejudice come from?
    Sandrine´s last blog ..Self Portrait – by Sister 3 My ComLuv Profile

@Sandrine, I think it’s pretty common to have ideas about what you think someone looks like based on their personality. It’s a prejudice, certainly, but it’s ingrained. We all do it!

Look at YOU!

I feel the one of you in the tunnel is symbolic of being born into your new non-anonymous identity.
    Iota´s last blog ..Conundrums: part 2 My ComLuv Profile

@Iota, I’ll have to see how the tunnel feels about that. ;)

9. Adrenalynn says:

Great photos! And if you don’t mind me saying, you look kinda stunning in that last one, even considering you’re in a tunnel. That’s an achievement!
    Adrenalynn´s last blog ..Glory Days My ComLuv Profile

@Adrenalynn, Maybe it’s a magical tunnel then! ;)

10. Baby Genie says:

Great pictures, not sure why you’re shy, you’re gorgeous! You remind me of my sister in law to be!
    x

@Baby Genie, I think I was more nervous about putting a face to my blog than about my face itself (though I am having an extraordinarily spotty stage right now). Thanks for the comment. :)

Baby Genie Reply:

@Baby Genie,
    Do you feel liberated?!xx
    Baby Genie´s last blog ..The day I didn’t go to the Huggies lunch My ComLuv Profile

11. Like how they get more confident as you go. x
    PantsWithNames´s last blog ..The Gallery: Self Portrait My ComLuv Profile

12. Hayley says:

Lovely to meet you :D
    Hayley´s last blog ..Why I love Innocent Smoothies… My ComLuv Profile

13. Nova says:

I like your tentative steps there, to the end where you look completely different to how I had imagined. Lovely. Not that I thought you weren’t of course…and you look so so young!

@Nova, Yes, I’ve been told I look younger than I am for most of my life.

14. Great photos!!

Its funny that the last one is how I’d actually pictured you in my head…

Oh and you have a DSLR, right? Get a remote, they are cheap as chips and soooooo fun. Or in our native tongue, they are simple “awesome” ;)
    slugs on the refrigerator´s last blog ..Disappearing Reappearing Me My ComLuv Profile

@slugs on the refrigerator, Now that I am comfy using the tripod I’m definitely going to! It was a bit of a pain running to get in place in front of the lens before it snapped the photo.

Glad to know at least one person thinks I look like what they’d imagined!

Wow – whoda thunk such acerbic (and brilliant) posts could come from such an angelic looking gal?
    Expat Mum´s last blog ..Girls Weekend Coming Up My ComLuv Profile

@Expat Mum, Angelic?! I don’t think I’ve *ever* been called that. :D

16. Vegemitevix says:

Wow you’ve got it going on! As they say. Smart *and* pretty. Great shots.
    Vegemitevix´s last blog ..The Real Me Not the John Lewis ad woman My ComLuv Profile

@Vegemitevix, *blushing* Thanks! I’m just pleased I managed to get an entry in this week, considering I left it ’til this morning.

17. Potty Mummy says:

Looking gorgeous, as ever…
    Potty Mummy´s last blog ..The Gallery, Week 12 My ComLuv Profile

@Potty Mummy, Cheers darlin’, you too.

18. Michelle says:

Great shot, especially the last one! Nice to see you:-)

hey, you are lovely (and so flipping young!)
    geekymummy´s last blog ..Self portrait of Geekymummy as an urban hipster My ComLuv Profile

@geekymummy, I’m not as young as I look, I promise (though I’m still somewhat of a pup, I admit). ;)

geekymummy Reply:

@NS, I suspect you will go far in life, smart of you to have kids nice and young! Tag for you at mine http://geekymummy.blogspot.com/2010/05/two-memes-with-one-stone.html
    geekymummy´s last blog ..two memes with one stone My ComLuv Profile

20. TheMadHouse says:

I adore the final shoot, you look stunning and the lighting is fantastic
    TheMadHouse´s last blog ..The Gallery – Self portrait My ComLuv Profile

21. Exactly what Mum at TheMadHouse said. The last shot, where you’re not hiding, is the loveliest of the lot. Although the snuggly one is very cool too.

22. Fab pictures, love the braver and braver idea.

23. Glad you tagged that under confidence. It looks like you’ve got loads! Lovely pics.

24. Krista says:

I feel privileged – I already knew how beautiful you are! Fantastic photos that made me smile today. :)

25. Lovely pictures. And yes, I agree it’s a good excuse to experiment with the camera!

CJ xx

26. JulieB says:

Lovely pics – such a beautiful smile.
    JulieB´s last blog ..The Gallery – Self Portrait My ComLuv Profile

27. Capital Mom says:

Lovely! Nice to see you!
    Capital Mom´s last blog ..Little My ComLuv Profile

28. love the one of you in the play tunnel. What a lovely way to “reveal” yourself.
    snafflesmummy´s last blog ..The Gallery – Self Portrait My ComLuv Profile

29. Hi, you look lovely, nice to see you ;)
    Miroslava Moore´s last blog ..Self portrait! My ComLuv Profile

Dear NS fans – she looked exactly the same when we were roomies in college. Still beautiful after all these years, love.

31. blues says:

so nice to see your face. I love it when my favorite bloggers finally reveal themselves!
    blues´s last blog ..Stepdad My ComLuv Profile