The definition of reflex

NS April 19th, 2010

Sitting on the toilet, mid-flow, when your child starts to tumble backwards towards the steep stairs just off the bathroom. Immediately springing forward, trousers round ankles. Catching an arm in the nick of time, thus preventing disaster, all without spilling a drop.

I knew those pelvic floor exercises would come in handy one day.

16 Responses to “The definition of reflex”

Oooh. Respect! Apparently I’m being prompted to leave a longer comment but all I wanted to do was voice respect!
    Expat Mum´s last blog ..Supply and demand or plain old Price-gouging? My ComLuv Profile

2. MrShev says:

Very funny – like the Matrix crossed with Parenthood.
    Good luck for a MAD!
    MrShev

@MrShev, That is a very apt description! Thanks for the luck.

3. I’m at once completely grossed out and thoroughly impressed.
    Jessica – This is Worthwhile´s last blog ..While the husband’s away My ComLuv Profile

@Jessica – This is Worthwhile, Happy to oblige. ;)

4. I have to admit, that’s not necessarily something a man could do.

“However much you shake your peg/The last drop dribbles down your leg.” we used to say at school…
    Dad Who Writes´s last blog ..Worst. Nigerian. Scam. Ever. My ComLuv Profile

@Dad Who Writes, I think one little dribble down the leg is worth the convenience that having a penis bestows on those of the biologically male persuasion. Try squatting in the woods, drunk, pissing directly into your trousers while clinging for dear life to a tree trunk with quivering thighs ready to give out and land your arse in the resulting puddle. Then come talk to me about the dribble. ;)

Dad Who Writes Reply:

@NS, OK, you’ve convinced me. I’ll hang onto my penis. As it were.
    Dad Who Writes´s last blog ..Worst. Nigerian. Scam. Ever. My ComLuv Profile

5. Heather says:

oh bravo! *stands up and claps* that is very impressive!
    Heather´s last blog ..Spots And Mud My ComLuv Profile

6. So very impressed! Yea for Kegels.
    Lauren @ Hobo Mama´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday: That can’t be comfortable My ComLuv Profile

7. Capital Mom says:

That is pretty impressive!
    Capital Mom´s last blog ..Daffodils and dandelions My ComLuv Profile

8. Socrates says:

I hear this is a test that prospective Jedi Knights have to do, those that succeed say it is a piece of piss.
    Socrates´s last blog ..Inanimate object loving My ComLuv Profile

9. lori day says:

Maybe your book should be about Motherhood moments like this. It shows what it really takes to be a parent! Hillarious how you can multi-task. Glad the little one is OK.
    Maybe you can title it “Multi-tasking Momma”

10. Boy am I impressed. I’d have definitely peed in my pants…
    muummmmeeeeee……´s last blog ..On a lighter note… My ComLuv Profile

hahaha! good save, momma!
    andrea´s last blog ..swiss army who? My ComLuv Profile

12. Luschka says:

Oh dear! I thought I was good for generally and repeatedly waking up moments before K falls of the bed every morning. That’s skill though!
    Luschka´s last blog ..Dealing with Teething Naturally My ComLuv Profile