A moment of joy

NS April 13th, 2010

Tara asked us to post a photograph that expresses Joy this week for the Gallery. While this is not a technically great photograph, I loved capturing a moment of pure, unbridled joy between father and daughter on a beautiful autumn day last year. It has quickly become one of my favourites.

36 Responses to “A moment of joy”

1. Dara says:

Yeah, so, ummm … your husband’s hot. Just saying.

It’s a beautiful pic. Even though you can’t see your daughter’s face, the gigantic grin is obvious.

@Dara, Oh Dara, you just made NH’s day. :) )

Claire Reply:

@Dara,
    I was about to write what a fab pic, but read your comment and pissed myself!
    Claire´s last blog ..It’s all poo. Fact. My ComLuv Profile

Dara Reply:

@Claire,
    You’ve got to agree, right?
    Someone had to say it.

2. Tara says:

Not technically great? I think it’s a fabulous photo with the subjects framed by the green and gold of autumn.
    And you’re absolutely spot on: it’s about capturing a moment which speaks to you and tells a story.
    Plus you can’t beat dads and their girls together. Just lovely x

@Tara, Thanks Tara! Maybe I was being too modest before. Screw it, it’s a great picture! ;)

3. LOVE IT!!! Looks so much fun :-)
    Maggy, red ted art´s last blog ..Mona Lisa Million My ComLuv Profile

@Maggy, red ted art, It was definitely a fun day. I love autumn so was in my element by the Thames on such a gorgeous day.

4. TheMadHouse says:

I can see why it is so admired. I great animated shot, NH has a great expression
    TheMadHouse´s last blog ..A bit of Making My ComLuv Profile

@TheMadHouse, Yes, I love his expression too. Also, knowing exactly what NG’s face looks like as she’s being swung around, without being able to actually see it…it makes me smile every time I look at it.

5. Heather says:

oh wonderful! A moment that will last forever now.
    Heather´s last blog ..Are You A Bitch? My ComLuv Profile

@Heather, Thanks, bitch. ;)

Heather Reply:

@NS, ha ha ha, you know how to make a girl smile first thing in the morning :)

so to speak.

Ahem.
    Heather´s last blog ..Are You A Bitch? My ComLuv Profile

6. Josie says:

BEAUTIFUL! I love shots like that, a moment in time captured forever :)
    Josie´s last blog ..The Gallery: Joy My ComLuv Profile

@Josie, I loved your photos of Kai too. He is such an angelic-looking little boy.

7. Nova says:

What a great picture, I like the way the background is there but the focus is on your husband and daughter.
    Nova´s last blog ..Girl’s bedrooms- Interiors- Part 1 My ComLuv Profile

@Nova, Thanks Nova!

Lovely motion shot! A great representation of the parenting strategy often employed in our house of “if stuck for what to do to resolve a child related situation, turn them upside down”

I dread the day mine get too big for it!
    geekymummy´s last blog ..a do over My ComLuv Profile

@geekymummy, It really does work! That or singing very loudly and dancing around like a loon. Never fails.

9. Great photo that really captures a lovely moment. It’s great when you manage to click just at the right time isn’t it?
    Kath@Parklover´s last blog ..Simple pleasures My ComLuv Profile

@Kath@Parklover, Yes, it is. I’m telling you, that SLR is worth it’s weight in gold.

10. Michelle says:

What a great capture, lovely!
    Michelle´s last blog ..Everytime We Say Goodbye…. My ComLuv Profile

@Michelle, Thank you!

11. Susie says:

Beautiful picture!
    Susie´s last blog ..The Kindness Club Debuts: Week 1 My ComLuv Profile

@Susie, Aw, thanks!

12. Chris says:

What a fabulous shot! I can almost hear her giggling!
    Chris´s last blog ..A Picture Paints A Thousand Words…JOY My ComLuv Profile

@Chris, There was definitely a lot of giggling! One of my nicknames for NG is Gigglepot.

13. I love it! Cannot go wrong with a good motion shot xx
    Notes Red Shoes´s last blog ..Gallery #7: Joy My ComLuv Profile

@Notes Red Shoes, I do love a motion shot!

14. MuddynoSugar says:

Great shot – lovely
    MuddynoSugar´s last blog ..Joy – The Gallery – Week 7 My ComLuv Profile

@MuddynoSugar, I just had a look at your photo, it’s wonderful! What a lovely expression to capture on a gorgeous little girl. Well done!

15. Cheshire Mum says:

I can hear the squeals of laughter – love it!
    Cheshire Mum´s last blog ..Toy Story 3: 100 days to go! My ComLuv Profile

@Cheshire Mum, Thanks!

16. Priness_L_88 says:

That’s lovely, looks like great fun too!
    Priness_L_88´s last blog ..Joy My ComLuv Profile

@Priness_L_88, I do believe that playing in leaves is one of the better things in life. :)

17. Jo Beaufoix says:

That is so lovely. Brings back memories of my own Dad hurling me about as a kid. Definitely joy.
    Jo Beaufoix´s last blog ..The Joy of Sex – Gallery Week 7 My ComLuv Profile