Just another day

NS February 24th, 2010

All except one of the following happened to me today. Can you guess which is false?

• One of my children climbed onto another, unsuspecting child’s back and began to wriggle around in what looked remarkably like a mating ritual in a David Attenborough nature series
  • While brushing my teeth at the sink, naked except for a towel draped round my shoulders, I was assaulted from behind with a battery-operated pasta-twirling fork
  • When I walked upstairs to check on my daughter and her friend, I found them pretending to have babies on the toilet. Talk about a water birth!
  • I burned the children’s dinner ┬áso let them eat peanut butter and Pringles instead
  • My son, in his haste to get to his precious ‘mamas’ (i.e. my boobs), managed to pull my nursing top down and expose my breast while I was talking to another parent at a coffee social this morning at my daughter’s pre-school
  • I read an article in the Daily Mail and vehemently agreed with it Sorry, even I couldn’t keep a straight face while typing that

Any guesses?

13 Responses to “Just another day”

1. LOL, I want to say the Daily Mail one, that surely didn’t happen. All the rest probably did – these things happen to Mums!

2. Gappy says:

All in a days work eh?

Gappy Reply:

@Gappy, Oh and by the way there’s an award for you over at mine. I suspect you may already have it, but hey ho, you can never have too many awards eh.

3. Ian says:

Quite the naturist today.

Surely the perfect audience for the Mail? ;-)

4. Jill says:

Thanks for this. I needed a good laugh. Sorry if you need to retire the pasta twirler.

5. Capital Mom says:

I was going to guess all of them happened. Wow, sounds like a full day.

Awesome. I’m guessing the pasta fork is the fake. I don’t believe there is such a thing (and if there is where can I get one!)

7. Heather says:

Sounds like another normal day, huh? Great post, made me smile. The pasta fork was a little surprising though…

8. Alex says:

That reads like the plot to a National Lampoons film from the 80′s :)

Is there such a thing as a battery-operated, pasta-twirling fork? What will they think of next?

10. NS says:

To answer the question of which was false, it was the last one. Noble Boy *nearly* pulled my boob out of my top, but I foiled his evil plan just in time.

And yes, battery-operated pasta forks do exist. Noble Husband was given one as a silly gift on his birthday last year and Noble Boy just loves walking around with it now. Nothing says ‘I’m lazy’ like a fork that twirls pasta around itself!

Why on earth do you have a battery-powered pasta twirling fork anyway?

12. Nova says:

What imagination to pretend to have babies on the toilet…the whole list made me smile. Thank you ;0))
    Oh and I’ve seen a pasta twirling fork…yes my toddler would love getting hold of one of those lethal weapons.