These things, they make me happy

NS February 23rd, 2010

One of my favourite new bloggers, Gappy at Single Parenthood. Tales From The Front Line has tagged me for the Shiny Happy Things meme, in which I am meant to tell you at least one thing that never fails to put a smile on my face.

• First, two songs that always always always make me smile and do a little dance: ‘Hey Ya’ by Outkast and ‘Big Yellow Taxi’ by Joni Mitchell. They’re both just so infectious! Definitely a sure-fire way to perk myself up
  • Making my husband adopt a very deep voice and say, “I’m gonna butter your bread.” Don’t ask about its origins, just know that it never fails to make me giggle helplessly
  • This is such a cliché but peeking in at my sleeping children. So beautiful, so peaceful and so blessedly, blessedly quiet. What’s not to smile about?

I’m not sure who has already done this but I’m going to tag a few people. If you don’t want to do it or have already done so, feel free to ignore! I tag:

Notes From Lapland

Capital Mom

Geekymummy

This is Worthwhile

Photo credit

9 Responses to “These things, they make me happy”

1. TheMadHouse says:

Yep Outcast does it for me too, as does the sleeping children, but not sure about the Hubby!!

2. nicola says:

Love the Outkast song too! Thanks for putting it in my head this morning. Also love sleeping children. Or when I am sitting and suddenly they both migrate towards me, unspoken and sit on/near my with the limbs over mine – no words spoken. That too is bliss for me. Love it.

3. Heather says:

Those songs are brilliant! i feel the urge to go and listen to them both now! Thanks for the tag – i just did a ten things that make me happy one a few days ago but good to have in reserve if i run out of things to write about

4. Gappy says:

Ha! Another vote here for Outkast. Also love the whole of the Blue album by Joni Mitchell. x

5. Ha! This is perfect timing. I have a post all set to go next week full of bloggy things just like this. I’m on it! ;)

@Jessica – This is Worthwhile, You’re welcome! Oh, and I’m jealous of your week alone, FYI. Very, very jealous indeed. I expect thrice-daily blogging from you, miss. ;)

6. Brilliant songs, and sleeping children is one of the best things in the world (both lovely to watch, and knowing that you are about to get some undisturbed kip yourself….).

7. Capital Mom says:

Awesome! Thanks!
    When I first read this as I grabed five minutes in front of my reader quickly seeing what was new and what I needed to go back and read carefully, I couldn’t think of what to say. But now I have it! I just have to sit down and write the post. But not now, because bath time is over and so is my break.

Thanks v much for the tag. I’ve had a tough week, and it will be good to think about things that make me smile, and there are many.