Hand over mouth

NS February 22nd, 2008

I was just sitting here trying to think of something to write about when I saw this post over at Charlotte’s Web. So in the name of shameless borrowing, here is my list of 15 things I have thought but haven’t said to people over the years, for fear of embarrassing, angering or hurting them, or out of my own shyness.

1. At some point during your torrid affair, I lost a lot of respect for you
  2. You’re my best friend, even though I reassure someone else that they are
  3. I wish you could have a bit more class sometimes
  4. I know that when you finally find love, it will be amazing
  5. Your voice is annoying but I like you anyway
  6. Your generosity and kindness move me every day
  7. I worry about how I will ever repay you
  8. No one thinks you’re funny
  9. I am starting to forget you
  10. I wish you would follow through on one of your promises to yourself
  11. I think your tough-chick/horrible mother facade is pretty lame
  12. You are a pervert when you’re drunk and you have always made me uncomfortable
  13. Loosen up! Who gives a toss if everything is not perfectly clean and in order?
  14. I admire you more than you’ll ever know
  15. You could’ve been so much more if you hadn’t thrown it all away

8 Responses to “Hand over mouth”

1. Charlotte says:

Isn’t this a ridiculous amount of fun? You say the things you need to say, but no-one’s the wiser, and of those who read it only the people who are truly honest with themselves will know you’re talking about them.

i think i’d have some of these exact statements on my list, too. i think it’s worse when you say something that you immediately wish you could take back than not saying anything at all

3. [...] good not to copy: Charlotte and Amity have both done this meme, and it immediately resonated with me. So here are 15 things I’ve never [...]

4. Andrea says:

Oh crap. NO ONE thinks I’m funny?

5. NS says:

Charlotte — Yes, yes it is! Very fun indeed. Thanks again for the inspiration.

andrea — I agree that it’s often better to not say anything that you will most likely regret and instead bitch about it to other people and in blog posts. ;)

Andrea — Ha! That really made me laugh, so obviously I wasn’t talking about you. You loon. When are you going to a) start writing in that empty blog of yours and b) send me an email back?

6. Momma Em says:

Wow, this sounds wonderful. I’ll have to give this one some thought and post one of my own.

7. Tabitha says:

Sorry about #12

8. Frank says:

What a great thing!

and I’ll think about that #3…